<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, April 11, 2004

I, THE AUDIENCE: CHAPTER TWO 

INVESTIGATION OF A CiTIZEN ABOVE SUSPICION

I saw "Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion" last night and I was really blown away! It's an Italian film made about 1970. I don't want to say too much about it because of its sublime and unique nature. It's a political thriller of sorts, about a murder investigation, but you've never seen a murder investigation like this one! The audience knows who did it the whole time, but the investigation is still thrilling. This movie veered so far from any formula that I've ever seen that I had no idea what was going to happen next and I had no idea how it was going to end. I love that feeling!

The music is by Ennio Morricone, who scored so many of those Sergio Leone spaghetti westerns, and it's a great score! I was grooving in my seat the whole time. My friend Scotty leaned over about twenty minutes into the film and said, "You really like the soundtrack, don't you?" (At least, I think that's what Scotty said. He mumbles a lot.)

I highly recommend "Investigation of a Citizen Above Suspicion" for anyone who enjoys unusual cinema experiences. It made me think of "Memento," not becaue it's at all like "Memento," but because they are both great movies that aren't like anything else.

Ciao!

|
Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?