<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Sunday, October 03, 2004

FOX NEWS MAKES UP NEWS STORY ABOUT KERRY 

I wish I could say something like, "This is unbelievable." But, no. I totally believe it. And, unlike my conservative friends who have to get their spin from Rush, O'Reilly or Hannity before they can think, I looked into it.

On their Web site, Fox News posted a completely fabricated story about Kerry commenting on his performance in the debate. They have Kerry saying things like, "Didn't my nails and cuticles look great?" and "Women should like me! I do manicures." and "I'm metrosexual - he's a cowboy."

And it never happened!

To get the full text of the story (and some great analysis on the subject) go toJosh Marshall's Talking Points Memo. To read what Fox News has to say about this shameful episode, go to the Fox News Web site.

Fair and Balanced?

You decide.

Cant't wait to hear the spin from my right-wing friends about how making things up out of thin air and posting it as news is okay if you're a Republican.

(Editor's note: I can't figure out how to link to the Fox News retraction,but you can get to it from the Talking Points Memo posting. Sorry about that.)

|
Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?