<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

PRESIDENT BUSH GETS THROUGH ENTIRE SPEECH WITHOUT SOILING HIMSELF! 

MAJOR VICTORY FOR REPUBLICANS!

For commentary, I offer the following articles from Daily Kos:

"Last Night's Speech Finally Alienated a Bush Supporter!" by ColdFusion04

"Lengthy Analysis of Bush's 6/28/05 Speech" by Soj

"Fake Applause; Speech Numbers" by kos

"President's Silence Tonight is Deafening" by Rep Louise Slaughter

"Bush's Speech: We Are Not Fools" by lowkell

I also liked this diary by (gasp!) someone who served in Afghanistan who is not happy with the Bush Administration! (Veterans like this are known as traitors to the Republican leadership.)

I am going on leave for a few weeks. It was supposed to start yesterday, but I am one of those people who has the Bush-hating gene, that not-so-rare genetic condition that causes its sufferers to hate George W. Bush for no reason whatsoever despite the fact that he is, according to Britney Spears, the bestest president ever and never does anything to warrant such wrath. Thus, I could not pass up this opportunity to ridicule the drunken fat boy for his learned and inspiring performance last night. (I would hate to be one of his screenwriters. It must be a difficult chore since they are only allowed to use words he can pronounce and concepts he can understand.)

I need a break because I am in the home stretch in writing my master's thesis in history. I have written 120 pages since October, and I only have one chapter to go! It's about the press in Mississippi, 1800 to 1865, and you can read the first chapter here.

My associate, Ieyasu Tokugawa, has agreed to take over the blog for a few weeks while I am on hiatus. After reading Ieyasu's first posting, I am confident that Mushtown Media Corp. is in good hands. (What have I done? Maybe my instructions weren't clear enough?) Ieyasu informs me that a lengthy political interview with Hello Kitty is in the works. As well as a hard-hitting article on Saddam Hussein's alleged attempts to buy Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah from Japan to use against the United States. I can hardly wait!

|
Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?