<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Jonah and the Fail 

Jonah Goldberg has written a book (his word) called "Liberal Fascism: The American Left from Mussolini to the Politics of Meaning."

Jonah is a conservative columnist, and he is very stupid, even for a conservative columnist. I welcome his book because it appears to be so dumb that it will sweep away any doubt that he is a pig-ignorant douchebag, and if his book gets the attention that such an uninformed screed deserves, honest decent people will shun him and everyone who doesn't stand up and denounce Jonah, his book, every newspaper that carries him and everyone who tries to defend this transparent, childish and witless asshattery.

Not because he calls liberals fascists. This is bad enough, and quite stupid on its face. No, Jonah should be denounced for making his arguments in the stupidest way possible. No straw man remains in its package, no sophistry is left unmolested, and I believe that several brand-new logical fallacies were created in the underground laboratory of the Hoover Institute just to help fill this 400-page book.

If I was a conservative, I would be very angry at the conservative talking point manufacturers that let this book get through because it makes conservatives look dumber than anyone thought possible. (But then, if I was smart enough to figure out how dumb this book is, I wouldn't be a conservative, would I?)

Don't believe me? Think I'm exaggerating?

No. Not even a little.

The lively, fun-loving folks at Sadly, No! have been a regular bunch of degenerates the last few days in making fun of Jonah's book. It has been brutal. If it was a movie, it would be rated NC-17. (Such cruel mockery may not be politically correct, but I say if conservatives don't want to be ridiculed, they shouldn't be so ridiculous.)

Below are their recent posts on this subject:

A tantalizing peek at history's greatest book

Everywon I don't like iz a Nazi!!!11!!

Simply goddamn embarrassing

In a way, all else is commentary

A masterwork of obfuscation

Goldberg ad astra

Joseph McCarthy: Man of the Left

Official Sadly, Goldberg! Appreiation Day

Goldberg ad astra (Pt. II)

So so so so SO awesome

Be nice, you say? After you start wading through this pile, you'll see that I am being nice.

Have fun.

|
Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?