<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Saturday, December 22, 2007

Overheard in Lancaster, California 

Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Weinerschnitzel fast-food restaurant on Avenue K


Woman sitting at next table: "It's too bad Schwarzenegger can't be president. He'd go over to Iran and Iraq and make them stop."

COMMENT: To Lancaster's credit, the people with her politely said nothing to indicate they agreed with the astonishing stupidity of their late-lunch partner.

---


Wednesday, December 19, 2007
Taco Bell on 15th Street West


Man ordering food: "I say 'Merry Christmas' because I know it offends people."

COMMENT: I know a lot of "liberals" (whatever that words mean nowadays, when "Far-Left extremist" is applied to everyone who wants to see fewer dead Americans), and I don't know a single person who is offended by "Merry Christmas." Offended by obnoxious, self-righteous Cafeteria Christians, yes. I do, however, know dozens of people who are specifically offended by "Happy Holidays." And I've looked through the Gospels very carefully, trying to find the part where Jesus exhorts his followers to act like total assholes and drive potential believers from the faith with their hypocritical, whiny nonsense. Can't find that part. Could somebody help me with this?

|
Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?