<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

I got quoted on Wikipedia! 

Awesome!

It's the entry on Vince Colletta.

He was a comic book artist. He is probably most famous (some would say infamous) for his work as an inker over Jack Kirby's pencils, mostly at Marvel in the 1960s and 1970s.

(For my non-comic book readers, I should perhaps explain that Jack Kirby co-created/pencilled Captain America, The Fantastic Four and the Incredible Hulk.)

I was informed of this in a comment by Dan the Fan, whose own blog is here.

Thanks, Dan!

Scroll down to the controversy section of the Vince Colletta entry. I'm quoted at the end.

Briefly, the controversy swirls around whether or not Colletta did a good job inking Jack Kirby. (And some people are very passionately trying to say that Colletta just downright sucked balls all around.)

I've seen some very bad Colletta inking. But I've also seen some grand work from Colletta, especially on the "Tales of Asgard" series in the back of Journey into Mystery and in his 1950s romance work. (Dan the Fan has some of the latter on his blog.)

I can't tell you how pleased I am that my quotes in the Wikipedia entry are very positive comments on Vince Colletta inking Jack Kirby in Journey into Mystery #108. Colletta has been dead since 1991 and I would hate to be quoted on a dead man's Wikipedia entry saying something like:

"Colletta's art on The Dazzler was so bad I wanted to eat my own eyeballs."

In any case, I'm very pleased. This is even better than when I was quoted by those lovable white supremists at Stormfront.org!

|
Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?