<$BlogRSDUrl$>

Monday, October 31, 2011

MONDAY MINI-CONCERT! 

Today: Crazy musical numbers of the 1930s!

We start off with a scene from "42nd Street," one of my favorite Ginger Rogers moments.

Next, from the same movie, the "42nd Street" number.

From "Follow the Fleet," here's "We Saw the Sea."

Here's the finale to "Dancing Lady," a bizarre 1933 film with Joan Crawford, Clark Gable, Fred Astaire and the Three Stooges. This movie is CRAZEE! I wish I could find the scene where Joan auditions for Gable (he's a Broadway producer) and her musical accompaniment is Moe, Larry and Curly!

Next, possibly the very best number Fred and Ginger ever did. "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off," from the movie "Shall We Dance."

And I couldn't leave out "Footlight Parade." Here's "Sittin' on a Backyard Fence" with Ruby Keeler and Dick Powell. Every time I see this, I wonder if it can possibly be a real Hollywood number. I always assume I dreamed the whole thing.

|
Comments:

Post a Comment

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?